Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:07:42 +0100
Subject: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@hotmail.com>

> >In scenario design terms:  Neither side sets up on the
> >board, you both enter from opposite sides.
>
> Actually rendering recon units as useful in the game as IRL,
especially if
> you use any sort of FOW rules.  At least that's how it strikes me.

Not neccessarily useful for recce in game terms. Most fog-of-war rules
tend
to work better with static hidden units and/or use visible moving units
.
For such rules, a attacker/defender scenario with hidden defender works
better. But it will depend on what rules you use.

Recon units may still be useful to harrass the enemy, however.

Greetings

Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR