Prev: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need? Next: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:20:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:
> John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >It depends on the mission.  A movement to contact
> >(Russians spell this 'meeting engagement') scenario
>
> Could you define this type of action for a civvy?

You there's enemy out there.  You know he's "Thataway"
but since he's moving also, you're not sure how far.
He's in the same situation.  You run into each other
in a place where neither of you have any defenses set
up.  One (or both) side shifts to hasty attack and the
other shifts to hasty defense, usually.

In scenario design terms:  Neither side sets up on the
board, you both enter from opposite sides.

John

Prev: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need? Next: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?