Prev: Re: ARMORED CARS Next: Re: ARMORED CARS

Re: Swedish coastal vessels, was [DS, SG] Riverboat actions

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:26:03 -0000
Subject: Re: Swedish coastal vessels, was [DS, SG] Riverboat actions

----- Original Message -----
From: <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: [DS, SG] Riverboat actions

SNIP
> I wasn't in that game, but I recently read an article about modern
> Finnish coastal defences. They have a lot of interesting stuff
deployed
> or on order. Stealthy watercraft, missile-armed hovercraft, coastal
> batteries (guns and missiles, mobile or in bunkers), coastal ranger
> infantry, mines (water and land), a sophisticated networked sensor
> system (remember, the Finns brought you Nokia phones)...
> Thousands of islands, mostly wooded.
>
> Lots of ideas to make a game that's fun for the invaders ;-)
>
> Greetings
> Karl Heinz

My old copy of "Combat Fleets of the World, 1982/83" mentions the
Swedish
vessel Sigrun, A256.  The comment is, "Probably the world's only
camouflaged
laundry, and certainly the fastest."  11 knots, since you ask.

>From an earlier age, the Swedish Army's Archipelago Fleet of the 18th
century could provide some inspiration for an FT campaign, perhaps in an
asteroid belt or "Jovian moons"-style system.

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: ARMORED CARS Next: Re: ARMORED CARS