Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Hey mom look I'm on topic!

Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: "Germ" <germ@g...>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:37:27 -0000
Subject: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

> Do the librarians have webpages for trading anecdotes, or do you just
> vent on mailing lists ? n.b. anything funny is never too far offtopic
> for me.

Not that I have discovered. I think the big problem is that when you
hear it so often, you don't want to be reminded of it!

Probably the most stupid person I've had was during a powercut.

Student: "why are all the lights off?"
Me: "the power is out at the moment"
Student: "so does that mean I cannot take anything out?"
Me: "that's right, because none of our computers are working"
Student: "oh in that case can you just check my record for any overdue
books
I might have?"

How I keep a straight face during these exchanges is beyond me ;)

Jeremey
germ@germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Hey mom look I'm on topic!