Prev: RE: Armoured Cars Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:43:39 +1100
Subject: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@voicenet.com>

> (Today's Gem:
> PARENT: My child has to do a report on a famous African-American, and
her
> teacher assigned...here it is: Marie Curie.

Oh My Sainted Aunt.

That's one of the scariest things I've seen on this group for a long
time.
Poor kid. I hope the parent made a formal complaint... or at least had a
little talk with the teacher. It may have been a mis-communication. I
hope.

> Get up, time to go.  Hey, look!  A bag full of white powder.	Great,
time
> call the cops...."
>
> (It happened.  As soon as they heard "white powder" 911 connected me
> fire department, but it turned out to be a bag full of drugs, just as
I'd
> suspected.  Coke or heroin; I don't know which.)

...and that's another of the scariest things. You mean the
drugs-in-schools
bit in the US isn't just media hype or confined to s very small
percentage?
Erk.

The final scariest thing is that your emergency services immediately
suspected

Prev: RE: Armoured Cars Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR