Prev: Re: Fav Figs! A question Next: Re: Fav Figs! A question

Re: MIT to make tech 'exoskeleton' for Army

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:43:59 +0100
Subject: Re: MIT to make tech 'exoskeleton' for Army

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Burger" <yh728@victoria.tc.ca>
> > MIT to make tech 'exoskeleton' for Army:
> >
> >	    http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-859896.html

> Interesting - although if this is out in the five years this contract
is
> supposed to run, I'll be very, very surprised.

Indeed.

> Was anyone else reminded of "...faster than a speeding locomotive,
able to
leap tall buildings in a
> single bound..." Superman stuff in some of the comments made? :>

Anybody noticed the "invisible clothing" bit ?:
"The ISN plans to research ideas for a soft--and almost
invisible--clothing
..."
"will have uses in offensive tactics, at least psychologically. "
"Imagine the psychological impact upon a foe "

I wonder what they mean by that ?

;-)
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Fav Figs! A question Next: Re: Fav Figs! A question