Prev: RE: [OT] Goose Green Next: Re: FT: Sa'Vasku ship costs...

Re: Re: 1:1 FMAS

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 19:21:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: 1:1 FMAS

At 10:14 AM +1100 3/16/02, Brendan Pratt wrote:
>Most of the natural terrain fields in Oz would cause you some
discomfort as
>it has done for anyone with a ghille suit here - the fields include an
>enourmous number of spiky plat life that snags anything loose - even
the

Its even a slight problem here.

>suit made with neoprene strips that a fellow called Jarrod tried here -
he
>made several types of body armour including a rigid shell suit that
actually
>made it hurt more when he got hit - many players could relate that the
shots
>that hurt the most are the ones that don't break - greater transfer of
>nenergy and all that :-)
>  Apart fro that - ghille suits minimse breakage and are not permitted
here
>or at most US fields that I've worked at....

They do minimize breakage, but given the nature of their employment,
its not hard for someone to run up and stand over me and say
surrender if they've hit me. Besides, if I'm taking any kind of
realistic fire, I'm likely screwed regardless of a first break hit.
Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |	       |	   |

Prev: RE: [OT] Goose Green Next: Re: FT: Sa'Vasku ship costs...