Prev: RE: [SG2] Quick Reference Sheet? Next: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)

Re: Re: 1:1 FMAS

From: "Brendan Pratt" <bastard@o...>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:14:13 +1100
Subject: Re: Re: 1:1 FMAS

> It tends to restrict movement too much. Course some people do wear
> dirt bike armor. I tend to operate as a sniper with a Ghillie suit.
> As a target, I'm a big shambling pile of burlap/bushy brown stuff
> when I run around. Mostly I creep and crawl. Short range games aren't
> much help though. Its easier if I can go into hide when they aren't
> looking at me. The nice thing about the Ghillie suit is shots are
> usually well padded and don't hurt. The problem is that it is bloody
> hot and when I do take fire, my face is the first thing to get a hit.

Most of the natural terrain fields in Oz would cause you some discomfort
as
it has done for anyone with a ghille suit here - the fields include an
enourmous number of spiky plat life that snags anything loose - even the
suit made with neoprene strips that a fellow called Jarrod tried here -
he
made several types of body armour including a rigid shell suit that
actually
made it hurt more when he got hit - many players could relate that the
shots
that hurt the most are the ones that don't break - greater transfer of
nenergy and all that :-)
 Apart fro that - ghille suits minimse breakage and are not permitted
here
or at most US fields that I've worked at....

Brendan
(Team ACME)

Prev: RE: [SG2] Quick Reference Sheet? Next: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)