Prev: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete

Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:24:13 -0500
Subject: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete

Jerry Han wrote:

> Rick Rutherford wrote:
> > I'm in there, listed (oddly enough) under my full name:
> > Reginald Rutherford IV. I remember subscribing some time in 1995,
> > and writing up the results of one of our campaigns & posting it
> > to the list.
>
> That was YOU?  I saw the name, and thought of you but thought,
> "Nahhh, Reginald and Rick, nahhhh."
>
> I guess you learn something new every day.  (8-)
>
> Well, I guess the current record is 1994 from Mark "I Throw Myself
> At Rocks and Stick" Kochte.  (8-)  Anybody else?

When did Mike Elliot join the list? I thought he was on around my
time? Ludo Toen was around back around at least '95; he was in a
few of my PBeM FT games. As were Jerry, Aaron, Jon D, and others.
First PBeM game I ran was a raiders vs. freighters with a EF cruiser
coming in on Turn X to assist the frieghters. No one [who was playing]
had done FT by email before, so some of the movements
were...interesting.
;-)  It wasn't overly well balanced; it was meant as an experiment,
one to see how well FT translated into a PBeM environment (I suspected
relatively easily, since I had run by hand numerous SFB PBeM games for
nigh 5 years prior) and two to see who on the list at that time would
have been remotely interested in doing PBeM FTing. At first the response
was lukewarm (after all, prior to that I had been primarily a lurker;
don't really think I posted much, just tried to sit back and get a feel
of the room first), but the subsequent game (Narn-Centauri) I was
rather,
er, overwhelmed with willing participants.  ;-)  Adam Delafield had
generated maps based off of the detection reports for me during that
game
(the *original* PBeM maps for FT!)

Wish I still had some of the first scenario files saved. Alas. At least
the Narn-Centauri ones are on the web. If you are interested:
http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/recent-game.html

Prev: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete