Prev: MIT to make tech 'exoskeleton' for Army Next: Re: [SG2] Quick Reference Sheet?

Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:10:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete

Jerry Han wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> With thanks to Roger West, for letting me put pages on firedrake.org,
> I've completed the overhaul of the main list archives.  Now, every
post
> I have going back to June 1996 is now online.
>
> http://www.warpfish.com/jhan/ft/Archives
>
> Note:  The google search works, but it will return bad results because
> it has to re-index all the links that go off to firedrake.org now.
> So, it'll probably be wonky for the next month or so, if you can
> believe the Google FAQ.

Thanks, Jerry.

> Out of curiousity, how many people have been subscribed to the list
> since June 1996?  Scanning the archives quickly, and looking at the
> recent traffic, I think there's about nine of us: Aaron Teske, Alan
Brain,
> Allan Goodall, Jon Tuffley, Mark Kochte, Oerjan Ohlson, Jon Davis,
> Michael Llaneza and myself.
>
> Anybody I miss?  Any lurkers out there who have stayed really quiet
for
> the past six years?  (8-)  (Actually, if anybody has copies of
> messages going back even further, that would be really, really, cool.)

I think I came aboard in the latter part of '94. I know I discovered
FT the summer of '94, and it was some months after that when I learned
about the list.

I went through my own personal "archives" (packrat that I am) and found
the earliest post I had saved from from Kyle Klingler who posted a msg
about a book called "Proximity Zero" by Terry Kepner for those people
who
wanted to make realistic star maps. I know I had earlier posts, but when
They migrated my mail from one system to another I lost a lot of
messages.
:-/  I believe I ran my (the?) first PBeM FT in Oct '95 (geez, Jer, you
were at "troll.uunet.ca" back in '96)

Ahh, the memories.  :-)

Prev: MIT to make tech 'exoskeleton' for Army Next: Re: [SG2] Quick Reference Sheet?