Prev: Re: 1:1 FMAS Next: Re: SOPs was; Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

Re: [OT] Goose Green

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:58:43 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Goose Green

--- Derek Fulton <derekfulton@bigpond.com> wrote:

> There was also FAA troops defending the Pucaras,

Argentine Air Force, I presume (Forza Aero Argentine,
or whatever the correct spelling in Spanish is).

> Darwin Hill was occupied by a platoon from the
> reserve C Company, 25th
> Regiment under Primer Teniente (Lieutenant?) Roberto

Yup, First Lieutenant.

> break the impasse (some
> have claimed Col. Jones was "gong hunting. But he
> was in any event awarded
> the Victora Cross posthumously).

If "gong hunting" means what I think it does, then
it's a permenant state of all officers.  Lt. Col.
Jones may have been an exception, but I'm a bit
skeptical.

John

Prev: Re: 1:1 FMAS Next: Re: SOPs was; Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....