Prev: Re: OT: Eight Hours Day Next: Re: [SG2] Quick Reference Sheet?

Re: 1:1 FMAS

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:05:54 -0600
Subject: Re: 1:1 FMAS

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:27:17 +0000 (GMT), katie@fysh.org wrote:

>I've kind of gone off dangerous sports with that. The version with IR
"laser"
>guns seems more appealing...

I haven't played paintball in years (though I enjoyed it at the time).
The
last time I played laser tag was about three years ago. However, the
worst
damage I ever took was in a laser tag game. It was an early one called
Photon
and the maze wasn't set up very well. There were a couple of ramps, and
they
had some enclosures which you had to step into. They gave you a helmet,
which
was good, because in the dark I didn't know you had to step up and a
tripped
over the step. I went head first into the barrier!

Speedball is a form of paintball. It's done at close range, very fast.
It's
often done in indoor paintball places. It's not for the faint of heart.
Most
paintball games the worst you get is being hit by a paintball. It stings
if it
hits open skin, but there are ways of minimizing that. There are
specific
paintball gloves. The masks now cover your head as well. You wear a
bandana
around your neck for protection. I wore a cammo jacket over a cammo
t-shirt.

So far my worst injury was playing touch football. I broke a finger in
1999.
The joint healed, but scar tissue left it a little bit croooked (or,
rather,
when I straighten the fingers of my hand, the broken one goes straight
out
while the others have an upward bend to them). This was caused when the
football hit my finger flat on...

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: OT: Eight Hours Day Next: Re: [SG2] Quick Reference Sheet?