Prev: Re: [OT] Goose Green Next: Re: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)

RE: Re: 1:1 FMAS

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:24:08 -0500
Subject: RE: Re: 1:1 FMAS

At 8:51 AM -0500 3/15/02, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:
>  >paintball
>
>I assume someone has tried making body armor?	I'd think that a thin
>polyethylene would suffice, and if done properly should be pretty
>flexible.  You could cut piece from a milk jug and make "scale
>mail"--loan them out to new people until you get them hooked.

It tends to restrict movement too much. Course some people do wear
dirt bike armor. I tend to operate as a sniper with a Ghillie suit.
As a target, I'm a big shambling pile of burlap/bushy brown stuff
when I run around. Mostly I creep and crawl. Short range games aren't
much help though. Its easier if I can go into hide when they aren't
looking at me. The nice thing about the Ghillie suit is shots are
usually well padded and don't hurt. The problem is that it is bloody
hot and when I do take fire, my face is the first thing to get a hit.
Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |	       |	   |

Prev: Re: [OT] Goose Green Next: Re: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)