Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? Next: Re: [SG2] Quick Reference Sheet?

Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:17:47 EST
Subject: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

Ah but what about Canada's secret plans to send in the the RCMP and
arrest everyone?
<VBG>

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:03:28 -0600 Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net>
writes:
>On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:53:42 -0800, Michael Llaneza
><maserati@earthlink.net>
>wrote:
>
>>I fail to see what the flap is over the "release" of this document.
>I've
>>read several news articles on the topic, and all of them mention that
>
>>this isn't the first such document to be prepared.
>
>Every now and again, someone in the media mentions US plans for
>invading
>Canada in the 1920s. Canada has plans for dealing with such an
>invasion. It's
>prudent for every country to do this. However, not everyone who
>understands
>the military likes to hear such things. They can't understand why the
>US might
>have, say, have a plan for nuking Great Britain when Britain is a
>close ally.
>
>And, of course, there are degrees of planning. It wouldn't surprise
>me, for
>instance, to find that the US has a short plan for taking over any one
>of a
>number of British submarine or air bases. This could be in the event
>of war
>with Britain, or in the event of terrorists trying to take over a
>base. It
>could be because US assets are in the base, or US assets just happen
>to be the
>closest at the time. They are all hypothetical, some maybe even
>preposterous,
>but they make for good exercises and "thought experiments".
>
>I would be _more_ worried if the US and other allied nations didn't do
>this!
>

>Allan Goodall			agoodall@hyperbear.com
>http://www.hyperbear.com
>
>"At long last, the earthy soil of the typical,
>unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
> - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? Next: Re: [SG2] Quick Reference Sheet?