Prev: Re: [FMAS] [ECC VI] was SG2 Terrain Next: Re: Figures, Games at ECC (last one/next one)

Re: 1:1 FMAS

From: "Brendan Pratt" <bastard@o...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:26:40 +1100
Subject: Re: 1:1 FMAS

> There's an expected skill and equipment difference between Am, Novice,
and
> Pro (IIRC the proper ordering), as well as different rules.
Typically,
Pro
> plays against Pro, whereas Am and Nov end up often playing each other.

Due to the smaller size of the Australain League the teams all do play
each
other and there is no Novice division at league level - however, there
are
tournaments specifically oriented around entry level players that
exclude
experienced teams or many players so that they can bulit match
experience
without getting turned into pizzas....
> WARNING: Read below, do not just click the link!!!!!!

> WARNING:  There are (close up) pictures of male anatomy on this
> URL.	They're also close ups of a severely damaged set of male anatomy
from
> a direct shot without cup to the groin...  Warning served.

Yup - warning noted - the resolution doesn't really let you see the
detail
of the damage he suffered but it does remind me of what happens when a
delicate organ gets struck at 300 fps - nasty.

> Having seen a >1 foot discharge to an unprotected neck, and
experienced
> several >3 foot and/or over-chrono'd shots, I can testify that they
can be
> very painful.  Still, 99.99% of all shots I've taken, I'd have to
agree
> with you that they don't hurt much.

Uh-huh: I'm no hero and as I work on a field, I have experienced hits
while
the addrenalin isn't flowing - they usually score an expletive, butthe
worst
hits are the ones that put you out of a league game that cost you the
tourney... :-)

Brendan

Prev: Re: [FMAS] [ECC VI] was SG2 Terrain Next: Re: Figures, Games at ECC (last one/next one)