Prev: Re: [OT] movie to check out Next: Re: Figures, Games at ECC (last one/next one)

Re: 1:1 FMAS

From: Randall L Joiner <rljoiner@m...>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:43:34 -0500
Subject: Re: 1:1 FMAS

>The difference in the APPL (AUST Painball Players League) between
Amateur
>and Pro is only divisional - they still play each other but are ranked
in
>differnet categories and so finals are played pro vs pro and am vs am -
the
>pro teams are often more motivated, but I've played a number of
"amateur"
>teams that should have gone pro years ago :-)

There's an expected skill and equipment difference between Am, Novice,
and
Pro (IIRC the proper ordering), as well as different rules.  Typically,
Pro
plays against Pro, whereas Am and Nov end up often playing each other.

> > Close range hurts.	There's an URL (don't have it right now) of a
guy who
> > took a round <5 feet (crushing) in the groin.  Lost one of two.  He
even
> > shows pictures.  Firmed my religious choice on cups or not.  And
some
> > friendly advice for any lady who may want to play, wear one too.
>
>Yup - proper protective gear is a must - I have double lined trousers
with
>inserts that do the job well - love to see the url on the injury if you
can
>find it? I still don't find that a paintball hurts all that much - I
might
>be a little jaded after all this time - but I still love the game.

WARNING: Read below, do not just click the link!!!!!!

WARNING:  There are (close up) pictures of male anatomy on this
URL.  They're also close ups of a severely damaged set of male anatomy
from
a direct shot without cup to the groin...  Warning served.

Having seen a >1 foot discharge to an unprotected neck, and experienced
several >3 foot and/or over-chrono'd shots, I can testify that they can
be
very painful.  Still, 99.99% of all shots I've taken, I'd have to agree
with you that they don't hurt much.

Rand.

Prev: Re: [OT] movie to check out Next: Re: Figures, Games at ECC (last one/next one)