Prev: RE: [DS]Scotia 6mm PA pictures? Next: [OT] Paintball

Re: [OT] Paintball

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 07:47:44 -0800
Subject: Re: [OT] Paintball

Tomb wrote::

I'm not sure I entirely agree. Small unit combat isn't all that
different. Ranges are shorter, some tactics that will kill you
dead in
real life are viable in paintball (thin trees as cover, moving
around
visibly at 100m, etc). But a lot of the things till apply. Keep
in mind
a lot of what infantry trains in (battle-drill wise) often gets
thrown
away in battle. An example would be the Royal Marines at Goose
Green.
They found standard A2C procedures too damn slow and discarded
them in
favour of a more or less consistent rush. Tactics modify to suit
the
situation - soldiers learn or die.

Goose Green?  I'm not familiar - can someone educate me?

3B^2

Prev: RE: [DS]Scotia 6mm PA pictures? Next: [OT] Paintball