Prev: Non-Eureka (but still Oz) SPECIAL FORCES FIGURES Next: Re: [FT] Updated MT Missiles question

Re: Sheep Puns

From: David Brewer <davidbrewer@b...>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 01:15:03 -0800
Subject: Re: Sheep Puns

Charles Taylor wrote:

> In message <3C905733.1E5B59E4@blueyonder.co.uk>
>	    David Brewer <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Alan E Brain wrote:
> > >
> > > May I recommend a New Zealand film called IIRC "Meet the Feebles".
It is, AFAIK
> > > the only film showing someone RPGing a sheep.
> > > NOTE: new email address mailto:aebrain@webone.com.au
> >
> > That's "Bad Taste" where the Kiwi rockets a sheep, which is a bit
> > of a spoiler. Written, directed, filmed (special effects, etc.) by
> > Peter Jackson of Lord of the Rings fame. Great scene where one
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ now that I _didn't_ know !!!!!!!

He *is* New Zealand's film industry.

> > character hammers a bayonet into the bottom of a captive alien's
> > foot... both are played by Peter Jackson. Glorious, and I've never
> > seen so many people walk out of a film before.
>
> IIRC there were several scenes like that - some of them rather clever
> :-)

If you check the credits there were basically four people on the
crew and they were all the lead actors as well. One of them drove
the purple Mk. 1 Ford Capri that blew up. My parents knew some
Kiwis that had worked on the same newspaper as all of the Bad
Taste crew.

> > "Meet the Feebles" is a different Peter Jackson film, something
> > like the Muppet Show on bad heroin, worth seeing for the junkie
> > frog knifethrower's Vietnam flashbacks, spoofing "Deerhunter".
> >
> > Both out on DVD, I'm surprised to find.
>
> Well, IIRC 'Bad Taste' was shown on BBC 2

...I'll wager they never show "...Feebles".

--

Prev: Non-Eureka (but still Oz) SPECIAL FORCES FIGURES Next: Re: [FT] Updated MT Missiles question