Prev: Re: FT: Sa'Vasku ship costs... Next: Re: Sheep Puns

Re: 1:1 FMAS

From: "Brendan Pratt" <bastard@o...>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:21:21 +1100
Subject: Re: 1:1 FMAS

> Pro?	*props*  I've never made it past amateur and novice ranks.
> I didn't mean to say fitness isn't an advantage, just not a primary
one.
> Communication...  I knew I forgot one.  :)  Definitely a big one.

The difference in the APPL (AUST Painball Players League) between
Amateur
and Pro is only divisional - they still play each other but are ranked
in
differnet categories and so finals are played pro vs pro and am vs am -
the
pro teams are often more motivated, but I've played a number of
"amateur"
teams that should have gone pro years ago :-)

> Close range hurts.  There's an URL (don't have it right now) of a guy
who
> took a round <5 feet (crushing) in the groin.  Lost one of two.  He
even
> shows pictures.  Firmed my religious choice on cups or not.  And some
> friendly advice for any lady who may want to play, wear one too.

Yup - proper protective gear is a must - I have double lined trousers
with
inserts that do the job well - love to see the url on the injury if you
can
find it? I still don't find that a paintball hurts all that much - I
might
be a little jaded after all this time - but I still love the game.

> Ah luck, that squirrelly mistress.

Yup - relied on it in several tournaments too - "Fortune favours the
Bold" -
if you don't try something risky in finals, then you often lose to
someone
that did.

Brendan
(Team ACME)

Prev: Re: FT: Sa'Vasku ship costs... Next: Re: Sheep Puns