Prev: EUREKA US SPECIAL FORCES FIGURES Next: Re: Stargrunt Questions revisited

Re: Stargrunt Questions revisited

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:05:37 -0600
Subject: Re: Stargrunt Questions revisited

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:56:00 , "Scott Case" <tgunner@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Our fight was a small one in numbers of miniatures, I think, but it
lasted a
>good 6 hours! How does this stack up to games the rest of you guys
play?

I have over 70 NSL panzergrenadiers, plus about 8 power armour guys. I
have
over 80 Japanese Corporate Mercenaries, and about the same number of
power
armour. I have extras waiting to be painted to bump up the number of
power
armour on both sides, and to give the Japanese 2 SAWs per squad.

I typically play with big squads, because I think -- with SG2's ground
scale
and other factors -- fireteams are factored in already. The Japanese
have 8
man squads, the NSL 6.

The number of squads, not figures, is usually a bigger indicator of how
long
the game takes to play. I usually put a platoon of figures per side on
the
table, which is around 30 to 40 figures, depending on the side. I have
two
platoons worth of Jagers to paint up, and these guys being much lower in
armour I'd probably end up using more of them per side.

Again, it depends on the scenario. I try not to go over the 30 to 40
limit for
the biggest side if both have the same armour, as larger numbers of
figures
means the game takes more than 4 hours. Three to 4 hours is typical, as
most
of my games have been designed for conventions.

Now, I also have American Civil War rules I've developed for SG2. I can
play
with MUCH larger sides (100 per side, no problem) in the same span of
time,
due to the rules I developed for formations.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: EUREKA US SPECIAL FORCES FIGURES Next: Re: Stargrunt Questions revisited