Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? Next: Re: DSII/ Assault Lander, was Fwd: Ask...

[SG] Terrain ... How Much

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:28:37 -0500
Subject: [SG] Terrain ... How Much

Greetings!

How much terrain is needed for Stargrunt?

I have played in about 5 SG games and all of them had a _lot_ of
terrain. I
would estimate that 75%+ of the board was in forest or hills of some
type.

This seems a little overkill for most areas in the world that I have
been
in. Most areas (except national parks, forests, etc.) have less than 25%
of
their area covered by plant terrain.

In cities, it may be different. Downtown would have a _lot_ of building
terrain. But it would also have _long_ corridors and large areas of
empty
space. It would be interesting to see a SG game in an urban setting
(anyone
willing to take up the challenge for ECC?).

But in a suburban/rural setting, how much ground cover by plants/trees
is
necessary for a good game? 10%, 25%, 30%, ...?

---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
YIM: Rlyehable
Cygnus X1.info
http://www.cygnusx1.info/
---

Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? Next: Re: DSII/ Assault Lander, was Fwd: Ask...