Prev: Re: [OT]Responsibility and the Merchants of Death Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

Re: Balancing Scenarios

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:40:05 +1100
Subject: Re: Balancing Scenarios

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

> I absolutely am totally uncomfortable
> running horde-style mass units of bad troops

I'm comfortable with it - it just requires a lot more skill
on the part of the General to be half as good. Which I find
both challenging, and good for the soul (being soundly beaten
a lot teaches you humility).

Which is why I admire Zhukhov more then Von Rundstedt, Montgomery
more than Rommel. Of course G.S.Patton was in a class of his own,
the 3rd Army wasn't exactly composed of elite troops, but under
his leadership they behaved like elites. ( Lousy at set piece
battles though - Montgomery would have done far better in the
Metz campaign just as Patton would have done better at Arnhem.)

But I digress.

Prev: Re: [OT]Responsibility and the Merchants of Death Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?