Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

From: "Alan E Brain"<aebrain@w...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:40:03 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

>Personally, I'd get a lot of entertainment out of reading the plan for
>Canadian offensive directed at the states...

I'll take a stab at what it might be like.

Scenario: A BioWar attack on US population centres has led to large
numbers
of infected refugees fleeing across the border to Canada. Said BioWar
attack
is strongly suspected to be from a sect whose tenets involve the banning
of
teaching of the Round Earth Theory, that Aryans are God's Chosen People,
and
advocates the extermination of all subhumans with brown eyes.

This sect is revealed to have given several million dollars in campaign
funding
to the Repocrats, the US party in power. It is suspected that small but
key
parts of the US military have been subverted by many members of this
sect, but
this is rumour with little direct evidence.

The President of the US has now been missing, presumed dead for several
days
after the crash of Air Force One. The VP is currently in jail facing
impeachment
for massive corruption and possessing kiddie porn. The Speaker of the
House
has been reported by the New York Times as being a Cult sympathiser.

The popular black mayor of Minneapolis has been assasinated, and Blacks
throughout
the US are rioting at the perceived lack of police action to catch his
killer(s),
who may be in hiding in Manitoba. US FBI agents have gone well beyond
"Hot pursuit"
deep into Canadian territory, and have fired at RCMP units in a
Blue-On-Blue
caused by inexplicable communications mixups. Chicago and Detroit are
both in
flames, and the US military has been called out to restore order, with
no success.
Some mainly white US military units have reportedly commited grave
violations
of human rights, possibly instigated by Cult members who may have
subverted
US military communications.

Canadian Mission:
a) To restore the integrity of Canadian borders by occupying a zone some
20km
in depth throughout the North-Central. This is to stop plague victims,
but also
to stop the infiltration of Cult members carrying weapons of mass
destruction
into or out of Canada. It's also to stop elements of the US Govt acting
on false
orders from commiting mayhem on innocent Canadians.
b) To assist elements of the US military in restoring order in Minn.,
Ill. etc
and in particular to neutralise by any means neccessary the military
capabilities
of probably subverted units.
c) To assist in quarantine of the plague.
d) To restore order, utilities, and public health services.
e) To aid the lawful authorities in the US, as soon as they can work out
exactly
who they are.

In other words, something similar in conception, though not in detail,
to the
scenario in the Tuffleyverse.

Note the lack of Intel in the above. Are the comms foulups due to
Murphy's Law?
To Cultist infiltration? Script kiddies? Foreign Powers? Did the US
Attorney-General
really order in the FBI to get the suspected assasins, regardless of
Canadian
Sovereignty in a desperate attempt to stop the US cities from burning?
Or is
he a Cultist? Or just a panicked politician out of his depth? Or were
the comms
subverted? Who has the Football? The longer this state of affairs
exists, the
worse the effect on the world economy, and the greater the chance some
dictator
somewhere will cause trouble.

Regardless, the Canadian Army's soldiers - both of them - must attempt
to carry
out what is a reasonable mission under the circumstances.

How is another matter.

Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?