Prev: Re: Bye for now Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

Re: Balancing Scenarios

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:45:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Balancing Scenarios

--- Tomb <tomb@dreammechanics.com> wrote:

> I think this is a good test of a scenario. Run it
> again the other way.
> It doesn't gaurantee to demonstrate balance (dice
> and how events turn up
> tends to play some havoc in analysis) but a fairly
> balanced scenario
> should give some either fairly even results both
> times or at least
> illustrate that one team is _clearly_ the better
> team of players.

Depends.  Some people do better with a given situation
or units.  I absolutely am totally uncomfortable
running horde-style mass units of bad troops.  It's
why I designed NRE units the way I did.  I'll take the
disadvantage in numbers--I'm used to doing things that
way.  Some people also can use certain assets better
than others--I suspect Don can plot his fire support
better than most gamers, and I know that my usage of
mines and other obstacles can be far more efficient
than your average joe's.

John

Prev: Re: Bye for now Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?