Prev: Re: [SGII] The Eyes Have It. Next: Re: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:53:42 -0800
Subject: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

I fail to see what the flap is over the "release" of this document. I've

read several news articles on the topic, and all of them mention that
this isn't the first such document to be prepared. Most of them at least

hint that if we *didn't* have such a document we'd be massiviely
incompetent. There really ought to be at least a single-page plan
covering every nation on Earth, no matter what their current alignment
is - and too bad to whomever doesn't like it. For example, I sincerely
hope we have a contingency plan covering what to do if the Saudis order
our troops out, and another covering a coup putting our forces in S.A.
in imminent danger. It's just sensible to plan ahead for everything
possible [1]- it gives the junior planning officers something to do.

[1] The Pearl Harbor Lesson