Prev: Re: 6mm spray bombing Next: Re: Re-entry: was FT: Carriers

RE: Eyes have it

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:08:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Eyes have it

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> G'day,
>
> > Sort of like using a dry-brush technique,
> > only with divergent colors?
>
> Kinda, your brush should have a bit more (not heaps more) paint on it
than
> you'd use for drybrushing.

I did my first batch of 15mm troops in camo basically this way; green
base
coat, brown heavy drybrush, then picked out weapons, boots, and some kit
in solid colours. They look pretty good, I think. I left the brown
deliberately blotchy.

See: http://wind.prohosting.com/~warbard/sg2gallery.html

for some pics, including a couple of quite close-up shots. (Topmost set
of
photos) I've also done but never photographed some 6mm troops this way,
including a squadron/platoon of horse cav! (Actually ww2 Poles, but done
with tan/green camo)

I've just finished and taken pics of my first 25mm figures, a batch of
civilian types to clutter up FMA games. I get the picks back Friday, and
might get them scanned next week sometime, with luck. I've also got 16
of
the very cool UNSC 25mm troopers on the table right now; they're going
be done in "Martian Flecktarn"...

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: Re: 6mm spray bombing Next: Re: Re-entry: was FT: Carriers