Prev: Re: Eyes Have It Next: Fw: Afterthought: camo on 6mm infantry

Re: Hills, Mountains, etc.

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:33:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Hills, Mountains, etc.

John Atkinson wrote:

> --- Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@sympatico.ca>
> wrote:
>
> > applied to vehicles moving on snow).  If you attempt
> > to drive on
> > slippery surfaces at rates of speed above your
> > ability to steer, you
> > will be very late, if you get there at all.
>
> Maybe in a car.  But I understood from the story that
> it was damage to the building.  The vehicle drove off.
>  APCs can sideswipe buildings and keep going.  It's
> just that it's traditionally considered bad manners to
> do so in a friendly country.

I have heard a possibly apocryphal story that it does not take that
thick a tree to kill the driver of an M-1, in a direct hit (24"), so
there are things that will have the audacity not to crumble when struck,
and some of them will distinctly impede the vehicles' efficiency.

The nice thing about mere cars, even three tonne, mid-seventies american
land-yachts (I luv'em), is that you have to REALLY screw up to jump the

Prev: Re: Eyes Have It Next: Fw: Afterthought: camo on 6mm infantry