Prev: Re: Now on topic previously was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels....boom.... Next: Re: [DS SG]Micro-Nukes

Re: FT: Carriers

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:47:15 -0800
Subject: Re: FT: Carriers

Roger Burton West wrote:

>If they're going to be re-entering, and your ship's in orbit, you want
>to fire them downwards and backwards more than anything else.

Which should be downwards and backwards?  Do you mean the fighters?  If
so,
why?  Reentry heat?  What about shielded underfuselages?

With the
>sort of thrust FT drives can put out, though, you could hover above
most
>planets (in the style of the _Aliens_ ship) and genuinely drop off
small
>craft...

This is the image I had:  Large ships orbiting on station, noses pointed

"Down", allowing their fighters/small craft to do a "Controlled fall"
towards the surface.  In the Renegade Legion universe, this is how Grav
tanks do hot drops during invasions.

2B^2

Prev: Re: Now on topic previously was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels....boom.... Next: Re: [DS SG]Micro-Nukes