Prev: Re: Subject: Fighting qualities of Italians Next: [DS SG]Micro-Nukes

Re: Flesh Wash Paint

From: Daryl Lonnon <dlonnon@f...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:56:12 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: Flesh Wash Paint

> On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:42:47 -0500, Rick Rutherford <Rick@esr.com>
wrote :
> > John Crimmins wrote:
> > > I'm as willing as the next man to say nasty things about Games
> > > Workshop and all their spawn, but this much must be said:
> > > Their "Flesh Wash" paint is fantastic.
> >
> > Phooey. Their "Flesh Wash" paint is "Burnt Sienna" (and if you need
> > a lighter shade, get "Raw Sienna"). They're easy to find in any
> > line of paints. Personally, I really dislike GW's paints -- neither
> > the new ones nor the old "hex-bottle" paints did much for me.
>
> That's the only color that I use -- well, that and their inks, which I
purchased in the old "squeeze bottle" a good many years ago.  They've
served me well.

> But the Flesh Wash is worth it to me.  Pre-mixed, to just the right
consistency and all that.  But man, the new bottles are awful.	First
thing I did was
> pour the stuff into an empty Ral Partha bottle.

Two tips for dealing with these aweful bottles:
1. When they get stuck, run them under warm/hot water for a few minutes.
They open up fine after that.

2. Put vaseline (I use my wifes hand moisturizer) on the "rungs" prior
to closing them up.  This seems to keep them from sticking (at least so
far).

After learning these two tricks, they don't bother me nearly as much
anymore.

Hope that helps,

Prev: Re: Subject: Fighting qualities of Italians Next: [DS SG]Micro-Nukes