Prev: Re: Eyes have it Next: RE: Re: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)

Re: Birth of SAS was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:01:42 -0800
Subject: Re: Birth of SAS was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

Derek Fulton wrote:

>>- Guerrilla war in Malaya, 1954-57: British troops involved in a
counter
>>insurgency war against Chinese supported partisans. SAS participation
was
>>well
>>documented.
>
>Not surprising as this is where the POST-WAR SAS came into being.
During
>WW2 the SAS had moved from the desert to Northen Europe moving ahead of
the
>British part of the allied forces. But at the end of the War in Europe
the
>SAS along with a lot of other wartime establishments was 'demob'ed.

>From my reading on the SAS in this conflict, they did a hell of a job.
One
frightening but later amusing incident involved a group of troopers
creeping
up on the "Enemy" only to find themselves being charged by an enraged
asian
elephant without enough time to turn and shout it.  They had to dodge
trees
and keep running until it gave up.

2B^2

Prev: Re: Eyes have it Next: RE: Re: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)