Prev: RE: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

RE: pocket nukes

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:21:13 -0500
Subject: RE: pocket nukes

TomB:
>Can smaller warhead be achieved by using a gravitic field (one shot) to
compress rather than explosives and thus achieving fusion/fission in a
smaller package? (assumption: grav tech is smaller than explosives....)

a) I don't see why grav would be smaller than explosives, we've
certainly studied chemistry longer than gravitics;
b) You need a certain minimum mass to be useful, although I don't recall
how much.  IIRC it's on the order of a kilogram or two.  Also IIRC, the
US had nuke 155mm shells (or maybe 203mm?) back in the 70's.

Prev: RE: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.