Prev: OT: Eight Hours Day Next: Re: [OT]Nukes...

RE: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....Question

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:38:16 -0500
Subject: RE: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....Question

With the Tuffleyverse "fusion in a jeep" (TM) powerplants, I would think
that the DS2 nukes are extreemly small fusion bombs.

Depending on the fusion process, there may be little radiation beyond
the
background. Instead of fusing pounds or ounces of material, it may only
be a
few atoms (hydrogen to helium?). Most of the damage may be from 'waste
heat'
(i.e. a larger, shell version of the DFFG reaction).

-----
Brian Bell
-----