Prev: Asteroid geology, was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom.... Next: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

Re: DSII question

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 18:26:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: DSII question

--- Derek Fulton <derekfulton@bigpond.com> wrote:

> WE have a house rule allowing vehicles mounting
> multiple GMS to be allowed
> to engage multiple targets, so it follows that if
> you and your opponent
> allow it then your tank can if it wants shoot that
> GMS as well.

Indeed--house rules can affect the relative value of
various systems greatly.  Of course, I'd want to start
adding to the cost of GMSs if you make them more
capable.  OO can do the analysis, but if you take my
'standard' tank destroyer designs (size 2, 2xGMS/H)
and allow them to engage 2 targets each, it seems to
me that you make them almost twice as effective, even
if a bit more than half of all GMSs miss (which
typically happens on my tabletop because everyone buys
ECM and PDS because I'm known to be GMS-happy)

John

Prev: Asteroid geology, was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom.... Next: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....