Prev: RE: [FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long] Next: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:44:07 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

I'll bite...

> > First that 'axis of evil' goofiness, and now this.
> > Is Prez Shrub *trying*
> > to get the entire world polarized against the
> > States?
>
> Alright, I'm going set diplomacy aside for a moment.
>
> 1) Piss off, Canuck.	We pick on our president (and we
> don't do that since he's turned out to be the best
> wartime Pres since FDR), foreigners need not apply.

Not everyone who voted for G. W. Bush is happy with some of what he has
been
doing recently; nor do they think he is a good wartime president.

> 2) Sorry if it's not politically correct, but DPRK,
> Iraq, and Iran are evil.  Full stop.

For a competent president, see Theodore Roosevelt, "Speak softley, but
carry
a big stick."  Only an idiot shoots his mouth like G. W. Bush has been
doing.

> 3) Anyone who thinks those fruitloops don't talk to
> each other and work together when it's convenient is
> delusional to say the least.

They would also stab each other in the back if given the chance.  By the
way, you thank the US for putting the Iraqi's and Serb's in bed
together.
It has done wonders to improve Iragi air defenses.

> 4) This, by any rational definition of the word, makes
> it an axis.

If you are right, we are screwed.  The US does not have the military it
had
in Desert Storm.  The problem isn't quality, it's quantitiy...

> 5) Hate to break it to you, but a) the world will not
> be "polarized against the US" because most nations
> aren't stupid and b) even if it did occour, we'd
> probably still be able to do more or less whatever we
> wanted anyway.

Excuse me, but that was exactly what that idiot G.W. Bush was doing
BEFORE
September 11.  He back pedalled very quickly afterwards, because we
really
do need help to solve some problems, such as Al Quada.

> 6) Go ahead, become anti-US.	We really don't care
> what you think about us as long as you continue
> trading with us and improving our economy.  And you
> won't stop because you Canucks would more or less go
> broke in six weeks if you stopped.

Let's see now, if the Canadians and Russians get together, and stop
trading
nickel to the US (note that the Canadians don't have much nickle left),
you
can kiss off EVERYTHING in areospace.  Fighters, bombers, rockts, etc.
There goes nuclear deterence, the space program, national missile
defense,
the Air Force, Naval Aviation, etc., etc., etc.

> 7) I realize that this is going to piss off all the
> Canadians, but I can deal with the Canadian Axis.
> It's rough living in a superpower.

No, what's rough is being an ISOLATED superpower without a source of
nickel...

> 8) The whole reason you people (foreigners in general,
> Euros and Canadians in specific) dislike the US is
> pure jelousy.  You're torqued because the US can act
> decisively and unilaterally, which no European state
> has been able to do since WWI (except Germany, but
> they got slapped down the two times they tried that).

Not really, what they don't like is self-righteous americans dictating
how
the rest of the world is to behave, and who insist that the rest of the
world doesn't matter.

> 9) Insert emoticons as appropriate.

ias

Prev: RE: [FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long] Next: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....