Prev: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom.... Next: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:55:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Tomb wrote:

> http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-030902bombs.story
>
> A little article that makes brief mention of some of DOD's new plans
for
> nuclear weapons. (Some don't sound so new.... seems I heard them a
> decade or two back....)

As one of the people quoted in the article said, "Dr. Strangelove is
alive
and well in the Pentagon." Wow.

First that 'axis of evil' goofiness, and now this. Is Prez Shrub
*trying*
to get the entire world polarized against the States?

> Reminds me (vaguely) of a story about plans to use nuclear charges in
> civilian construction (something briefly toyed with before anyone
really
> understood what they were dealing with).

I think some people *still* don't know what they're dealing with, Tom.

On an SF note: my geology is shaky, so can someone tell us whether
radioactive elements can be found in asteroids or moons? Or are the
heavy
elements only (probably) going to be found in/on planets?

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom.... Next: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....