Prev: FT: Ship Minis Next: RE: Single Ship Campaign.

Re: DLD vs. GZG

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 12:32:18 -0600
Subject: Re: DLD vs. GZG

> The only other resins I've bought that I had
> trouble with were from Eureka and these were
> the Cockroach tank and APC. The problem with
> these is that (in the case of the grav tank) it is
> an oval shape. With under-pour or over-pour
> on either mould half (it is bisected at the waist
> along a horizontal plane), the ovals don't match
> up right and you have a lot of puttying or filing
> to do. In the case of the APC, the sides slope,
> and with underpour or over-pour, the sloping
> part on the lower hull doesn't meet very well
> with the sloping part on the upper hull. They are
> very very cool looking kits, but take a fair bit of
> patience and work with putty, dremel, etc. to
> get together with the quality I demand.

The resins I own in large numbers are the old
Kryomek  vehicles. A distributor was clearing
their stocks so I bought four of each type for
grav, wheeled, tracked, and two of each walker.
These run a bit smaller then GZGs vehicles.They
also have all their extras like hatches and guns
etc. are made of metal, and the resin hulls are
done clean and assemble easily. More important
than that, you can still get them from Grendel
Productions........Don

Prev: FT: Ship Minis Next: RE: Single Ship Campaign.