Prev: Re: More Camo pictures Next: Re: Stargrunt Questions

Re: Stargrunt Questions

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 10:33:32 -0600
Subject: Re: Stargrunt Questions

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 04:07:04 , "Scott Case" <tgunner@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi, Scott.

First off, for those of us that don't have/like/want HTML e-mail
viewers, can
you set your Hotmail account so it sends text only, not HTML?

><P>1. We were using the Colonial Marine miniatures&nbsp;that I
collected some
> time ago and were using the APC which was armed with 2DFFG 2 and two
twin
> mounted MGs. The rules for the vehcile weapons were to use the
vehicle's
> quality (regular for that vehicle) and the APCs fire con (enhanced)-
2d8 for
> the shot for the DFFG.... but we couldn't figure what we were suppost
to use
> for the twin MG...

Machine guns use the infantry support weapon mechanism. If you have an
infantry squad with a machine gun and the squad fires _just_ the machine
gun,
you roll Quality Die + Support Weapon Firepower Die (I think this would
be a
D10).

Now, the rules don't specifically cover dual mount weapons. However, I
use
Kryomek APC miniatures for my Japanese mercenaries which have dual
machine
guns. I roll Quality Die + Support Weapon Firepower Die + Support Weapon
Firepower Die. In your case it would be D8 + D10 + D10, and treat as per
small
arms fire.

> the space was 'paid' for them in the vehicle's description- so they
arn't the
> 'free' support weapon that has no fire control...

First off, none of the machine guns on a vehicle use fire control. Use
the
small arms mechanics for machine guns on vehicles firing at infantry.
Second,
the "free" support weapon means it comes with the vehicle without you
having
to pay for it in points.

><P>2. I fired on a squad that had 4 guys- two in good shape, and two
that were
> casualities... however,&nbsp; my nephew at that point hadn't used the
> reorganize action- so the casulaities were just that (no roll yet to
see if
> they were wounded or whatever). So when I fired on them, we considered
them
> to be legitmate targets too for the resulting 2 additional
casualities... and
> when we threw to allocated them, one of the 'down' guys took a second
hit-
> which made it become a kill... did we do that right&nbsp;as well?</P>

Yes, you did that right. Wounded (i.e. not dead) figures are potential
casualties.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: More Camo pictures Next: Re: Stargrunt Questions