Prev: Re: [FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long] Next: [DS] Artillery

RE:[FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:46:39 GMT
Subject: RE:[FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]

In message <F109kenROwuWuCuD42S00019153@hotmail.com>
	  "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Derek Fulton Wrote:
>
> >Then it wouldn't be Full Thrust (which exclusively uses D6s)
>
> If you want to be really Ministry of Silly Walks about it, anything
that
> isn't in the books isn't "Really" Full Thrust, but if it works to
reproduce
> the desired effect, go for it (That seems to be Jon's attitude, it
SHOULD be
> the approach to ANY system).

Well, FT2 does suggest the use of d12's for determining random
directions, but...
OTOH, as FT _mostly_ uses d6s (and there is an alternative, d6-based,
way of determining random directions as well) it possible (and this
could start a whole new thread if I'm not lucky) that FT players only
carry d6's. So introducing new dice would cause an inconvenience to
them :-)

> it
> >would be
> >"Starship Combat - FMA" ;)
>
> The problem with this being..........
>
> 2B^2

Nothing, if someone is willing to put the time & effort into developing
it :-)

Charles

Prev: Re: [FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long] Next: [DS] Artillery