Prev: Re: DSII/ Assault Lander, was Fwd: Ask... Next: GZG ECC V: Indy's ACR (after con report)

Re: Stargrunt Questions

From: Kevin Balentine <balentine_media@y...>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 21:18:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Stargrunt Questions

Hi Scott,

<P>1. We were using the Colonial Marine
miniatures&nbsp;that I collected some time ago and
were using the APC which was armed with 2DFFG 2 and
two twin mounted MGs. The rules for the vehcile
weapons were to use the vehicle's quality (regular for
that vehicle) and the APCs fire con (enhanced)- 2d8
for the shot for the DFFG.... but we couldn't figure
what we were suppost to use for the twin MG... the
space was 'paid' for them in the vehicle's
description- so they arn't the 'free' support weapon
that has no fire control... so we used the vehicle's
fire control (enhanced) and the MG's fire dice (1d10).
Is that the way it works? Or should the unit's troop
quality # (regular) been used somehow too?</P>

[Me] We use vehicle mounted MGs this way ... If they
are support weapons (like a SAW or Automatic Grenade
Launcher), we use them just like a support weapon used
by a squad, i.e. it rolls firepower and quality. When
in doubt, remember that almost every time you roll the
dice in Stargrunt, the quality die will be part of the
equation.

<P>2. I fired on a squad that had 4 guys- two in good
shape, and two that were casualities... however,&nbsp;
my nephew at that point hadn't used the reorganize
action- so the casulaities were just that (no roll yet
to see if they were wounded or whatever). So when I
fired on them, we considered them to be legitmate
targets too for the resulting 2 additional
casualities... and when we threw to allocated them,
one of the 'down' guys took a second hit- which made
it become a kill... did we do that right&nbsp;as
well?</P>

[Me] That's exactly what we do. I don't know that it's
"right," but it feels like the right thing to do.

Kevin

Prev: Re: DSII/ Assault Lander, was Fwd: Ask... Next: GZG ECC V: Indy's ACR (after con report)