Prev: Re: Emergency gzg list should now be working Next: RE:[FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]

Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 08:15:14 -0600
Subject: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)

On Fri, 08 Mar 2002 19:23:47 GMT, Charles Taylor
<nerik@monkslode.fsnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>On a (slightly) related topic, does anyone here remember a modelling
>magazine article describing a "Star Trek" battle game played using an
>assortment of Ertl Trek Kits and conversions thereof (including a
>federation dreadnought built from two movie Enterprises) - and a large
>room?

For a few years at GenCon, there was a group playing Star Wars games.
The
fighters they used were Micro Machines Star Wars fighters. The starships
were
scaled appropriately. The stands put the ships at about waist high. (I
recently came across some pictures from those games.) They weren't using
FT,
but I always thought that FT would have made a better game.

There were also games of Ogre at GenCon with 25mm figures for the
infantry,
and all the other vehicles scaled appropriately.

I always wanted to play a DS2 game using 25mm figures and a large school
yard
or something. Now I'm thinking I might some day play FMA with some of my
1/6
scale figures...

http://www.hyperbear.com

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: Emergency gzg list should now be working Next: RE:[FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]