Prev: RE: The GZG Digest V2 #973 Next: RE: Hills, Mountains, etc.

Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 22:38:11 +0100
Subject: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

Roger Books wrote:

>Personally I don't like the command data link, I think ADFC is more
>flexible and useful.  It doesn't even "feel" right to me from
>a current capability level.  The only reason it is in the books is
>because it is part of Starfire.

You got that backwards, I'm afraid. Command datalink is in Starfire
because
it is in the books - Crusade and Insurrection were written at the same
time
as Starfire 3rd edition/Imperial Starfire, and Weber put a lot of tech
toys
into the game which do make good plot engines for the novels but are
either
unplayable or horribly unbalanced in the game.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: RE: The GZG Digest V2 #973 Next: RE: Hills, Mountains, etc.