Prev: RE: Me Back Next: RE: Re: ECC V Quote Board

RE: Alien habits and pet peeves

From: "The Sutherlands" <nma@k...>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 23:37:49 +0900
Subject: RE: Alien habits and pet peeves

> [Bri] Is this geared to DS2, SG2, FMASk, or all? Can the Control
> Bugs use an
> action to try to remove suppression as in SG2?

Mostly for SG2 with some big climatic battles in DS2.

> [Bri] You may want to add 'Hunt', 'Scout', and/or 'Protect' for
> some groups.
> Scount is to take advantage of cover and attempt to identify
objectives of
> value and enemy forces, while not engaging the enemy; this is
> like lurk, but
> has mobility. Hunt is the same as Scout, but can make opprotunity
> attacks on
> small units (detachments, fire teams, etc.). Units that have
> Scout/Hunt as a
> base behavior should be somewhat independant. Protect falls back to a
base
> and will protect it at all costs.

Wanted to keep the bugs pretty simple for basic behavior.  The
scout/hunt
bugs would be independent types witht he ability to operate away from
the
hive mind.

The protect would be a good idea for units within 12" of a hive mind.
The
hive mind is after all the only thing worth defending :)

I did not want the bugs to have the ability to remove suppression as its
only real effect on them is to make them more difficult to control.
Hive
node creatures dont get suppressed.

Prev: RE: Me Back Next: RE: Re: ECC V Quote Board