Prev: Re: Alien habits and pet peeves Next: Re: Alien habits and pet peeves

RE: Alien habits and pet peeves

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:03:18 -0500
Subject: RE: Alien habits and pet peeves

No. We will make the same mistakes, exporting terran flora and fauna to
other worlds to make them seem more like "home". I expect the first of
these
to be "food" plants and insects to pollinate them, prepare the soil,
etc.
Second (perhaps, first) will be pets that escape and go feral (if there
are
local flora or fauna it can eat). Then someone will decide it would be
great
to clone big game and let them loose to have an unrestricted hunting of
engineered "endangered" species on the planet (independent world). All
of
this, of course, doesn't count the engineered bacteria that we drop to
"terraform" the planet.

Of course at the same time we will bring back alien life forms (plant
and
animal) to earth for "display" and research. Some will invariably
escape.

Humanity has an almost unlimited capacity for destruction of itself and
its
environment. No wonder the Kra'Vak, Phalons, and Sa'Vasku see us as
dangerous.

-----
Brian Bell
-----