Prev: RE: RE: IJN/EDF Ships Next: RE: Millenium Falcon II

Re: Me Back

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 15:08:42 -0800
Subject: Re: Me Back

Ian Murphy wrote:

>My group use single level hills that do not effect movement etc but
block
>lines of sight straight accross the table. These seem to work very well
and
>prevent games being dominated by long range fire. They also provide
very
>shallow slopes to allow less manouverable vehicles to move up levels
they
>wold normally take several moves to get up. Havnt tried this with DS2
>yet(that should arrive in the post tommorow).

This and FMA's original post brings up a problem I've had with DSII
movement
mechanics all along - how to distinguish between hills and mountains.
It
seems a silly point, but with rules that simply state mountains allow
certain movement an hills certain movement, it becomes important to have
standard - is that a big hill or a small mountain.  Has anyone done
alternate movement/terrain rules to clarify this?  In addition, I recall
the
issue of Hull down/Turret Down coming up a while back ,and can't
remember
where the issue was discussed (a page or here), and how to determine
what a
vehicle must do to be each.... anyone?

2B^2

Prev: RE: RE: IJN/EDF Ships Next: RE: Millenium Falcon II