Prev: RE: Mercs as Peacekeepers Next: Re: [SG] (ish) Non-lethal anti-riot gel

Me Back

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:21:25 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Me Back

Well, I'm back from fighting the Evil Krasnovians
(interesting--12 years after the Soviet Union goes
tits up, our standard OPFOR is pidgin Russian for
"Redlanders").

I had two notions for the Dirtside II terrain.	First,
IV lines (Intervisibility lines).  These are small
folds not large enough to really justify rating as a
hill, but which provide places to move concealed.  My
suggestion would be to represent by using pieces of
yarn in the same color as the majority of the terrain
(green or sand, usually).  Platoons adjacent to the
yarn can choose to be fully concealed, hull down, or
turret down and count as this vs. all unit on the same
level or one level higher which trace line of sight
through the IV line.

Second is Spider Trails.  These are either through
forests or mountains (I'm assuming that mountain
terrain is not necessarily mountains as defined by
geographers but slopes too steep to drive on).	They
count as poor terrain for every mobility type.
However, the force or forces unfamilliar with the
terrain should have no idea where exactally any given
trail entrance leads--whether to a dead end, or
straight across, or through a series of switchbacks.
The mechanism is left to the imagination.

Anyway, I've had a bunch of other thoughts that I'll
be sending in later.

John

Prev: RE: Mercs as Peacekeepers Next: Re: [SG] (ish) Non-lethal anti-riot gel