Prev: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs Next: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 12:49:50 -0500
Subject: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

Brian Bilderback wrote:

> Indy wrote:
>
> Otherwise if you do cross-genre
> >ships, equivalent-sized Superior Wars ships are going to MASSIVELY
outgun
> >a GZG ship (which, if you note, have very little, if any, weapon
arrays
> >visible, lending it easier to abstracting).
>
> The obvious answer to that is either do not cross-genre, or redesign
> Tuffleyverse ships to work in the new 'verse, or, as you have done,
abstract
> systems (I actually like that to some extent).

Dean Gundberg has done a great job of designing cross-genre ships. He
came out this way a few years ago and paid Noam and I a visit (with
Nick Caldwell, too? or Dave Raynes...argh, I can't remember :-( ) and
we played a fun cross-genre game using Star Trek, B5, Battlestar
Galactica,
and some other genre-specific ships against each other. Quite nicely
balanced. And fun, too boot. I believe he has run the same at GenCon in
the past.

> >In any event, *if* you want to keep it small, you can't model each
> >individual weapon system; you need to abstract. If you don't [want
> >to abstract, that is], go nuts. But no room for complaints for how
> >big the Star Destroyers will get.  ;-)
>
> Not complaining, just marvelling....

Okie-dokie!  :-)

Mk

Prev: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs Next: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs