Prev: Re: [SG] (ish) Non-lethal anti-riot gel Next: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 09:32:29 -0800
Subject: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

Indy wrote:

Otherwise if you do cross-genre
>ships, equivalent-sized Superior Wars ships are going to MASSIVELY
outgun
>a GZG ship (which, if you note, have very little, if any, weapon arrays
>visible, lending it easier to abstracting).

The obvious answer to that is either do not cross-genre, or redesign
Tuffleyverse ships to work in the new 'verse, or, as you have done,
abstract
systems (I actually like that to some extent).

>I don't know anything about the Concussion Missile launcher, or
remember
>anything about the Class 2 beam weapon.

Not sure about the Beam 2, I'd not give it more than a beam 1.	The
Concussion Missiles are probabvly more suited to being a sm pack,
especially
if you abstract things.

>In any event, *if* you want to keep it small, you can't model each
>individual weapon system; you need to abstract. If you don't [want
>to abstract, that is], go nuts. But no room for complaints for how
>big the Star Destroyers will get.  ;-)

Not complaining, just marvelling....

2B^2

Prev: Re: [SG] (ish) Non-lethal anti-riot gel Next: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs