Prev: Re: GEV Tank Next: Re: painting SG figures question

Re: The bundeswehr can't be wrong....

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 10:48:57 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: The bundeswehr can't be wrong....

Thomas Barclay schrieb:
> [Tomb] Pardon David, but there is at least
> one absolutely KEY difference between
> your designs and those of the wiesel
> pictured in the link from Karl (nice link). My
> major complaint with your design (and, just
> so no one things I'm slagging David or
> DLD, I own 2 25mm civets, 6 25mm
> Kamodos) is in the open fighting
> compartment. The Wiesel has driver and
> gunner under armour (or at least the driver
> mostly.... the gunner might pop out the
> top, I don't know).

The various Wiesel variants where I have seen top views all have
armoured protection on the top. This should apply to the
Luftlandeaufklärungspanzer recce version, too.

However, I don't think you can reload from under cover, which would be
something of a problem for the missile variants.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: GEV Tank Next: Re: painting SG figures question