Prev: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS Next: Re: GZG ECC V

Re: GZG ECC V

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 20:57:48 -0500
Subject: Re: GZG ECC V

Awesome Con!
Friday night:  Charlie Don't Surf, a CineGrunt game run by the
incomparable Stuart Murray.  US First Cav narrowly defeated Australia
in the South East Asia Surfing Competition, Mike Richie's news team
bouced around the battlefield getting on-the-spot commentary, and who
could forget Jon Davis as Benny Rambo?

Saturday morning:
a) Jerry Han came from the north to avenge last year's Canadians, and
no American dared defy him.  Team Maple Leaf   was the uncontested
winner.
b) OUDF vs ESU Stargrunt run by TomB.  I was the most surprised person
in the game, I think--I called for 3 rounds of mortar fire, but what I
got was an ortillery strike (Tom not only picked up the enemy squads
in the target area, he also picked up the trees and a hill...)

Saturday afternoon:  I was in the painting clinic taught by The Stuart
Murray.  'Nuff said.  No, not quite enough--I have copies of the notes
and will be posting them.

Saturday night: Traveller in the FMAS system...the Zhodani and
Imperials pretty much fought to a draw.  I achieved my personal
victory conditions by inducing all the other players to join the chant
of "Death to Tom!"

Sunday morning:  three sided KV FT battle run by Jon Davis.  Jon
needed to decide who the KV team leaders would be, so announced "I
need the three most *ruthless* Kra'Vak--", so I observed "That would
be me."  Jon waited to see if there was any dissent, but no one
argued...   In the event, my commodores wiped out the two rebellious
subclans...although Stuart Murray's war leader leaped into a fighter
and excaped at the last moment....

Wow.

Prev: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS Next: Re: GZG ECC V