Prev: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS Next: Re: IJN/UNSC technology

Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 20:02:30 -0600
Subject: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS

Don't tell me your longing for that dinosaur FADAC?
The fire control computer that was (just) bigger than
your FDC track, and (just) faster than my grandmother
in a snow storm....) Charts and darts were faster!

I don't know how long you've been out but the Paladin
has had some really interesting firing incidents. Like the
latest one (year ago now) the GPS was off and the new
E-5 chief fired 300mils out! In my day I would stick my
head out the hatch and orient on the impact area, call me
silly but I trust no one when I'm shooting! Needless to
say a few heads rolled on that one as the round landed
off Fort Hood and hit this old guy's yard lol.

They're all hooked on GPS and the PLUGER no one
terrain associates .......scary, glad I'm done!

Don

> I remember feeling the same way when Tacfire came into the inventory.
find